Mexican corn dip, also known as an elote dip is a fun and simple dip recipe that takes advantage of any extra fresh corn you have on hand.
With summer grilling in full swing, enjoy these easy grilling recipes like our Cuban pork shish kabobs or our Puerto Rican chicken shish kabobs. Don’t forget our healthy chayote tuna salad or shrimp macaroni salad for the sides!
What is Mexican Corn Dip?
Mexican corn dip is essentially an elote in dip form. What is an elote you may be wondering? And elote is a grilled or cooked whole corn that is typically brushed with mayonnaise and then rolled in cotija cheese and sprinkled with Tajin seasoning. Known as Mexican street corn. You can find them on food trucks if you’re lucky.
You may have seen the trends of hot Cheetos elotes -you can definitely crush some hot Cheetos, or even regular Cheetos to top this dip!
What ingredients are in Mexican corn dip?
The ingredients in Mexican corn dip are:
- fresh roasted corn (do not cheat and used canned or frozen corn for this recipe)
- sour cream
- cotija cheese
- shredded mozzarella or cheddar (or both) cheese
- lime juice
- Tajin seasoning
Here are some more Latin inspired summer recipes for you to try!
Mexican Roasted Elote Corn Dip
- 3 roasted corn kernels cut out
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons of Tajin seasoning
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and cheeses.
- Fold in roasted corn kernels.
- Place in a medium pot over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until cheeses melt.
- Once warmed through, sprinkle Tajin seasoning over the elote corn dip.
- Serve with crackers or tortillas.
Last Updated on