Looking for a basic, minimal ingredient chicken slow cooker recipe? There are three key ingredients you can be sure of when making Cuban food -garlic, cumin, and salt. If you have those three ingredients, you have the base. This simple slow cooker Cuban chicken recipe is a great way to change things up, stay on budget and yet experience great natural flavors. This healthy recipe is great all year long, serve it with rice, side veggies and you've got yourself a meal.
For The Busy Family, This Slow Cooker Cuban Chicken Recipe is a Winner
There are some days when you have no time to sit back and make a pernil or even macaroni bites. Perhaps you know the day before that you're going to be running around all day at appointments or taking kids to practice. This minimal Cuban chicken slow cooker recipe is perfect for those days you just don't have time to cook.
We're getting ready to move in a month. I have no idea how I'm going to create 30 recipes this month. But believe me when I say, probably half will be made in the slow cooker. Slow cookers are a lifesaver. Actually, liners for the slow cooker are even more of a lifesaver. (Ever leave content in a slow cooker overnight? Impossible to clean out.)
Double this slow cooker Cuban chicken recipe and you'll have perfect fillings for quesadillas, burritos, or empanadas. Actually, this may be a perfect freezer cooking recipe too. Let me know if you'd be interested in freezer cooking recipes in the comments below. Be sure to share this on social media, subscribe, and above all enjoy this tasty recipe. As always, buen provecho!
Slow Cooker Cuban Chicken Recipe
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts 3-4 breasts
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ c of pitted green olives
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- 1 lime juiced (optional)
- 10 oz can of mild diced tomatoes with green chili
- 4 oz of tomato sauce
- Cooked white rice for the side optional
- Tortillas optional
- Add chopped vegetables to slow cooker, layer chicken over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except for the lime juice, mix together.
- Pour bowl contents into the slow cooker over the chicken.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours or high 5-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, squeeze in lime juice.
- Shred chicken, mix, and serve.