Roasted asparagus with Tajin spice is a great way to transform simple asparagus into the best asparagus ever!
Side dishes like Mexican asparagus are great ways to spice up your lunch or dinner! Sometimes side dishes can be the star of the dish, just like my favorite Cuban yuca con mojo recipe and Puerto Rican potato salad!
How To Make Roasted Asparagus
Roasting fresh asparagus is very simple to do. Before you start seasoning your asparagus, it’s important to break off the woody stems. To do this take your fingers to the bottom and just bend the bottom of the asparagus at different points until it just snaps. Once you do this a few times, you will get the hand of it.
To make asparagus in the oven you need to:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place asparagus into a baking pan (or cast iron pan), drizzle olive oil over it, and season lightly with salt, pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, and minced garlic.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of the stalk and how tender you want them.
Once the asparagus has been removed gently sprinkle Tajin seasoning and crumbled cotija cheese over the asparagus. Toss it together. If desired, add some thinly sliced radishes and voila!
What should I serve with Mexican asparagus?
- 1 ⁄2 pound of asparagus rinsed and ends cut off and removed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Tajin seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add asparagus to a pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Add asparagus to a pan and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss roasted asparagus with Tajin seasoning and cotija cheese. Spritz with lemon juice, if desired.
Last Updated on