Need an easy, but flavorful new meatball appetizer recipe? If so, this semi-homemade Guava BBQ Tajin meatballs recipe is for you and your party!
Filled with flavor and made easily by the dumping of Italian ready made meatballs and a simple semi-homemade guava BBQ sauce and topped with some Tajin seasoning, these meatballs are sweet, savory, and has a little bit of a kick!
How To Make A Semi-Homemade Guava BBQ Sauce
Start with the guava paste. Here I have chopped up about 4 ounces of guava paste in the food processor.
Next, add in a whole bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I have an obsession with Sweet Ray’s BBQ sauce). Next, pulse it until smooth. I also like to add a little bit of water to get it a little smoother.
Once the guava BBQ sauce has been made, taste it. If it’s too sweet, go ahead and squeeze some lime juice into it. Even if it’s not, go ahead and squeeze some lime juice into it, it tastes great!
Then dump in the frozen meatballs into your slow cooker and layer over your guava BBQ sauce to it, and toss it to coat. Set it on low for 2-3 hours. 🙂
RELATED RECIPE: Guava BBQ Wings
You know it’s done when you can easily pierce the meatballs. Take it out and if you have any reserved sauce left, feel free to brush it over the meatballs for extra saucy sweetness! Then sprinkle some tajin seasoning on top and you’re ready to party.
That’s it mi gente, this was an easy post. I hope you give this a try and buen provecho.
More Recipes To Try Out!
Guava BBQ Tajin Meatballs
Sweet, tangy, and with a bit of a kick these amazing guava BBQ tajin meatballs are perfect for your next get together!
- 7 ounces of guava paste cubed
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 lime juiced (to taste)
- 20-30 cooked frozen meatballs
- Tajin seasoning to garnish
- In a food processor add in guava paste, BBQ sauce, and water. Pulse until smooth, Add in lime juice to taste.
- To a slow cooker, add in desired meatballs and 1/2 of of the sauce mixture. Reserve the rest of the sauce to brush and save for another use.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Remove meatballs and sprinkle with Tajin seasoning before serving.