Doritos chips is a favorite with the kids (and adults) in my house! I was super excited to make this simple slow cooker Doritos chicken enchilada casserole recipe and it made the kids happy! It’s like a loaded chicken enchilada, without the extra steps (or spicy heat)! Perfection.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Doritos Casserole is probably one of the easiest recipes you’ll find on my site. I adapted this recipe with permission from Sarah over at SideTrackedSarah. She has some amazing and extensive slow cooker recipes, go check her out, after you make this recipe!
It’s filled with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, lots of cheese, corn, black beans, black olives, and of course crushed Doritos!
Everything is pretty much dump and forget, but I urge you to make sure you add in sofrito, you can use my homemade recipe here or buy the frozen Goya brand at your local supermarket, I swear it elevates the flavor! I also added a little bit of Adobo and garlic powder to give it more oomph. (I had to add in my Boricua roots to this yummy dish.)
When you shred the chicken, that’s when I urge you to taste it and add more salt/pepper if needed. This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Doritos Casserole is perfect for the summer months when you don’t want to turn on the stove or oven and want something filling and tasty to fill the ravenous kids after swimming all day.
Need more easy slow cooker/ Instant Pot recipes for the summer?
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Doritos Casserole
Cheesy, flavorful, enchiladas, and crushed Doritos... what more do we need?
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 tablespoons of sofrito
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium adobo house seasoning
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 cup sour cream more for serving
- 1 11 oz bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 2.5 oz can sliced olives
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- cilantro for garnish
- Add chicken, sofrito, and adobo to slow cooker and cover with
- enchilada sauce.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker, and add black beans
- and corn.
- Stir in half cheese and one cup sour cream, stirring
- until combined.
- Crush the Doritos, and add all but one cup to slow
- cooker mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese, olives, and then the
- Cover and cook on high about 30 minutes longer,
- or until the cheese has melted.