Ever wonder what to kind of baked goods to make with liquor? If you’re like me, you drink every so often and the bottle just stays in the fridge. Waiting for you to one day touch it. I must admit, I love Kahlua, but when I was looking around the Wine and Spirits Shop I came across Bailey’s Chocolate Cherry Liquor. I knew I had to grab it. I decided to go all out with the chocolate cherry and made this amazing Bailey’s double chocolate brownie bite recipe. I couldn’t leave the brownie bites alone, I had to make a buttercream frosting with a few splashes of Baileys added to it, just because I roll like that.
I made this recipe early in the morning, had a long two-hour drive ahead of me and it all held up! I was so happy, they’re so pretty. This really was simple to make, don’t let the ingredients terrify you.
I didn’t think it was enough for just brownies, I had to go ahead and add in some chocolate chips too. If you’d like, change things up, try white chocolate chips or I bet butterscotch chips would taste amazing.
Now tell me, don’t they look amazing?!
One thing you’re going to come and find out about me is that I don’t leave well enough alone. I love big, bold flavors, especially when it comes to my chocolate. This buttercream frosting was to die for! I mean, come on, do you see that beautiful Hershey syrup in there?
Beat it until stiff peaks of perfection are created. Go ahead, stick your finger in there, I won’t judge you.
All right, all right my fellow misfits, let’s get to the dang recipe already, you’ve got a party to go to already.
Like what you see? Want to see more? Be sure to leave a comment below on what kind of recipes you’d be interested in seeing. As always, buen provecho my tribe of misfits.
Here’s the recipe for Bailey’s double chocolate brownie bites with homemade Bailey’s buttercream frosting.
Bailey's Brownie Bites with Bailey's Buttercream Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Bailey's Cherry Liquor
- Frosting Ingredients
- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 3-4 tablespoons of Bailey's Liquor depends on how thick you'd like it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- To the butter mixture, beat in an egg at a time being sure to mix egg thoroughly into the mixture before adding another egg. Add in liquor. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder together.
- Shift dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix.
- Pour brownie batter into a well greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, until center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Allow brownies to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, mix together.
- Stir in liquor and vanilla.
- Top brownies with the desired amount of frosting and finish with a cherry on top.