Creamy and flavorful this cheddar bacon cauliflower mash is the perfect healthy side for anyone looking to cut carbs -not flavor!
Does cauliflower really taste like mashed potatoes?
Before we get into the recipe, let me answer this really quick. No, it does not. Mashed cauliflower is a lighter version of the classic potato mashed potatoes. Now with this being said, it’s all about what you add to the cauliflower mash that makes it taste like mashed potatoes.
If you add cream and butter, it will taste more like mashed potatoes.
Is cauliflower mashed potatoes healthy?
Cauliflower is a keto favorite since it’s so versatile. Yes, cauliflower mashed potatoes are healthy, just remember to be careful with the serving size, especially if you’re loading on rich toppings.
Can I use frozen cauliflower to make cauliflower mashed potatoes?
Yes. Just be sure that when you heat the cauliflower, you drain the excess water.
How do you make Cheddar Bacon “Mashed” Cauliflower?
- Heat and drain cauliflower.
- Put cauliflower into a food processor.
- Add in sour cream, cheese, butter, and whipping cream.
- Heat, garnish, serve.
That’s it mi gente, this post is simple and straight forward. Have yourself a healthy January and be sure to bundle up if the weather is cold outside!
Cheddar Bacon Cauliflower Potatoes
- 10 ounces cauliflower riced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- bacon crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl place cauliflower and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain cauliflower with paper towels and place in a food processor.
- Add sour cream, whipping cream, butter and cheese to food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, add green onions, bacon, and salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Garnish with extra bacon and green onions.
Last Updated on