Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano divided
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1.5 lbs ground beef browned
- 2 tablespoons of homemade sofrito optional
- 16 oz can of corn drained
- 16 oz can kidney beans drained
- 10.75 oz can tomato soup
- 1 cup Cheese your choice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth optional
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
In a large bowl, season your ground turkey with 1/2 tablespoon of oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix together.
In a large pan over medium high heat, warm oil and add in your seasoned ground turkey. When your turkey is almost completely browned, add in your sofrito and continue cooking another minute or two until your turkey is no longer pink in the center.
Drain turkey if necessary.
Add the remaining ingredients into your slow cooker, stir gently, cover and cook on low for 3 hours or high for about 1- 1.5 hours.
If you don't have sofrito, you can add in a small amount of chopped onions, green pepper, and cilantro.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg