- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 3 stems of fresh thyme
- 1 cup of black beans drained
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- ½ to 1 cup of green enchilada sauce depending on how much heat you want
- 6-7 cups of chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 14 oz of cheese tortellini defrosted
- ¼ cup of fresh chopped cilantro
- For creamy soup:
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- Mix together and add at the last two minutes of cook time.
In a large dutch oven pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add in onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Then add in seasonings, black beans, corn, and bay leaf. Mix and saute an additional minute. Once aromatic, add in enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and chicken, taste and add in salt and pepper to desired taste. Lower heat to medium and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
After twenty minutes, return heat to medium high and stir gently before adding in tortellini and cilantro. Cook tortellini until softened. Once tortellini has softened it is ready to serve, unless you'd like it thicker, for a thicker/creamier soup, add in water and cornstarch mixture, gently mix it in and cook for an additional minute or until thickened, then turn off soup and serve.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg