Back to school season is almost here! For the first time ever all five of my kids will be in full day school. Besides being excited to return to work, I am super excited to pack their lunches in cute Bento boxes and add some sweet notes to remind them they’re loved!
What to pack for school lunches begins to circulate through my mind usually a week before. I am grateful for easy choices like Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips to pack that all five of my kids love to eat with fun dips such as a garlic aioli dipping sauce!
What should I pack in my kids bento box for school lunches?
First, work on a master list of simple, healthy, and inexpensive lunch ideas. Include your child in this process!
Here are some things to keep in mind when packing a bento box:
- Choose a “main” ingredient- This ingredient should be what really fills your child. Think a little bit of carbs, a lot of protein, or high fiber. Tyson® Crispy chicken strips are great whole, chopped up to make a quesadilla, or in a roll top with melted mozzarella and some spaghetti sauce for a parmigiana inspired lunch!
-I love that Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips are made with 100% natural ingredients and that no Antibiotics are ever used!
- Choose 2 healthy sides- The beauty of bento boxes is that there are a bunch of compartments. Kids love fruit, or lunchable type options, like crackers and sliced ham or turkey. We love rolling Hillshire Farm® Ultra-Thin Sliced Oven Roasted Turkey Breast with cheese!
-Be careful with the deli meat you choose to buy! I love the peace of mind I have when choosing to use Hillshire Farm Lunchmeat, since there are no Artificial Preservatives, Flavors, and Nitrates or Nitrites Added.
- Add a snack- Snacks can be healthy, like cheesecake fat bombs, dried fruits, or occasionally a mini sized candy bar or a small piece of flan!
- Add a note- This is a great way to remind your kids that you’re thinking of them!
-I love using Post-it® Super Sticky Notes Cubes Cube that is conveniently in my kitchen drawer! Once your bento box is closed, write the note and stick it on top! No worries about it falling since Post-it® Super Sticky Notes have 2X the sticking power.
(Click on the image above to take you to checkout to make the ultimate Bento box lunch for kids!)
For a one stop shop, I love to either go to Walmart or shop on Walmart’s website for Walmart Pick Up. Walmart seems to always have everything I need, and with the online pickup I do not have to spend time walking around with five kids.
How To Make A Crispy Chicken Bento Box Lunch For Kids
For the best Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, I love to make it in the air fryer! It is super convenient, quick, and easy. I can have it cooking in the morning while kids are getting ready for school!
Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips can also be baked or fried! Look on the back of packaging for cooking details.
I air fried the Crispy Chicken Strips at 380 for about 8 minutes, then 400 for the final 2 minutes! Be sure to spray cooking spray over the chicken for a crispier outside!
We’re all about saving money while making delicious meals, so here is a great offer that is just for you when you purchase Tyson Chicken nuggets or strips!
- In-Store Scans at 30 kicks (Tyson Chicken Nuggets)
- Purchase Validation at 250 kicks (Tyson Chicken Nuggets)
- In-Store Scans at 30 kicks (Tyson Chicken Strips)
- Purchase Validation at 250 kicks (Tyson Chicken Strips)
- In-Store Scans at 10 kicks (Any Pencils)
- Purchase Validation at 100 kicks (Any Pencils)
- Cross Promotion Purchase Validation at 150 kicks (Tyson Nuggets + Tyson Strips + Any Pencils)
How to make garlic aioli
Kids are fans of BBQ sauce, ketchup, and honey mustard. But there are times I like to switch things up and make a homemade sauce that is true to our Latin heritage. Here comes in the creamy garlic aioli!
Garlic aioli is made with mayonnaise, garlic (we love it pureed or smashed with a pestle and mortar), salt, pepper, and lemon juice! Super easy!
What kind of lunch meat roll-up should I make?
Lunchmeat roll-ups can be made plain by just rolling the lunchmeat, or it can be made with cheese, feel free to use any cheese! Even cream cheese is a great option.
We’re using muenster cheese and Hillshire Farm® roasted turkey lunchmeat to add to the kids bento boxes for lunch!
Here is another great deal if you purchase Hillshire Farm® lunchmeat!
- In-Store Scans at 10 kicks (Hillshire Farm Lunchmeat)
- Purchase Validation at 100 kicks (Hillshire Farm Lunchmeat)
- In-Store Scans at 10 kicks (Scotch Tape)
- Purchase Validation at 250 kicks (Scotch Tape)
- Cross Promotion Purchase Validation at 100 kicks (Scotch Tape + Hillshire Farm Lunch Meat)
Now that your bento box is packed, it’s time to write the note! I love to incorporate my Latin heritage by writing notes in Spanish and Spanglish!
Here are some lunchbox note ideas:
- Te amo forever (I love you forever)
- Success comes when tu trabajas duro (Success comes when you work hard)
- Tu eres special and amazing (you are special and amazing)
- Subir para arriba because you’re destined for greatness! (Rise up because you’re destined for greatness!
I hope you guys enjoy today's tutorial!
Easy Garlic Aioli
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
Awesome ideas! What bento box is this? I want one like this for my kid.
Latina Mom Meals says
I bought one from Walmart, but I will work on a post with a list on Bento lunch boxes this week. 🙂