Summer break is almost here! As a mom with a lot of kids, summer breaks are hectic. I am always on the go and constantly trying to figure out what’s quick and easy for meals. This year, I’ve decided it’s time to make the most out of my deep freezer by going ahead and making larger batches of meals to freeze. This Tex Mex Inspired Breakfast Sandwich recipe is sure to be a hit for your family and it’s packed with protein and veggies!
How To Make Tex Mex Inspired Breakfast Sandwiches In Less Than An Hour
Let’s start with the fresh veggies. I used ripe tomatoes, cilantro, and yellow peppers. I chopped them roughly, but you can go ahead and make it finer to hide a tad bit more from the kids.
Next is the eggs. How many eggs do you spy with your little eyes? A pinch of cumin, a splash of milk, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add the veggies and cilantro! Man, this looks good already. This Tex Mex Inspired Breakfast Sandwich is sure to be a hit!
I added a blend of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I could only imagine how great it would be with pepper jack cheese! (Adult version, make it spicy?)
You then add the egg mixture into a GREASED large pan 9×13 (greasing it is crucial). Bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are set and no longer runny.
Cut it into 12 squares. I mean, look at this, isn’t it perfection! If you are on a keto meal or a bariatric diet, you can stop here and this is your breakfast. If you’re like the rest of my family, you may continue on.
While the eggs are cooling, it’s the perfect time to prep these sandwiches. Take 12 English muffins (wheat to make it healthier), 12 frozen breakfast patties, 12 slices of cheese (your favorite, for spicy, go with pepper jack), top with a square of the egg bake, and top with the remaining English muffin. That’s how you make your Tex Mex Inspired Breakfast Sandwiches. Rich in protein and perfect to grab and go.
If you want to double or triple this Tex Mex Inspired Breakfast Sandwich batch, it’s perfect to wrap and freeze. I double wrapped mine to prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to eat, defrost it for about two minutes, then heat up for 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
- 13 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ - 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 med yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 med ripe tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 breakfast sausage patties
- 12 slices of cheese
- 12 English muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasonings. Add in vegetables and cilantro, mix. Add in shredded cheeses and fold together.
- To a large greased 9x13 pan, add in egg mixture and bake 10-12 minutes, or until eggs have set and are no longer runny.
- Remove eggs and once cool, cut into 12 quarters.
- Cut open English muffins, line with a sausage patty, a slice of cheese, egg, and top with the remaining half of the English muffin. Microwave until cheese melts (about 30 seconds).