I’m ready for flowers, warm breezes, and the snow to stay away. One of the first things I want to do is start grilling on a daily basis. This easy grilled chicken tangerine salad can be made indoors, but just imagine the powerful flavor boost that high flames would give to the chicken grilled over an open fire. Latina Mom Meals will be making a change for the better soon. Lots of healthy, low-carb, and bariatric friendly recipes are going to be coming out soon.
I have a confession to make! I’m going to have the Gastric Sleeve surgery done shortly! I’m beyond excited and can’t wait to share my journey with you all. 🙂 (Now back to the recipe!)
It starts with the chicken, for this recipe, we’re going simple Italian seasonings, season your fresh chicken tenders with lemon juice and Italian seasonings, and cook it on a griddle or if you’re blessed with warm weather (or be like me, I’ve grilled wings in two feet of snow lol) go ahead and grill it over open flames until it’s cooked through.
Once your chicken is cooked, you’re going to put it on the side and allow it to rest while you prep your salad. You can also meal prep for the week ahead and once the chicken has cooled, chop up the chicken and portion it out for the perfect protein to add to your daily salad or meals!
The beauty of a salad is that it’s so versatile, you really can add anything you want into it. For this spring like salad, we went with fresh citrus, red onions, walnuts, raisins, tomatoes, and spring mix salad. I prefer using light balsamic vinaigrette because I find that it’s healthier, but next time I might aim for a light Italian dressing. (Or even an oil and vinegar homemade dressing so it’s sugar and carb-free, for an awesome list of 17 Keto salad dressings, check out this post from Healthful Pursuit!)
I hope you enjoy this easy meal-prep spring grilled chicken tangerine salad soon! Make sure to subscribe to get new recipes and keep up with my new journey for healthy living and extreme weightloss!
If you’ve had some kind of weight loss surgery, I want to hear from you! What are some of your favorite go to recipes? How are you getting enough protein in? Let me know in the comments below!
- ½ pound of boneless chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup of red onions
- 4 cups of fresh spring salad mix
- 1 tangerine, skin removed and separated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup of croutons
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- In a large bowl add in chicken and season with lemon juice, onion powder, and Italian seasoning, season well.
- In a griddle pan over medium high heat, add cooking spray once pan is hot and lay down seasoned chicken tenders. Cook 6-7 minutes on each side, adjusting the temperature if needed and until center juice is clear. Remove chicken and allow to rest. Cut chicken into slices.
- Evenly distribute remaining ingredients over two large plates. Serve and use your favorite dressing.